Today, I had my second shift at Chapters!
Thankfully, it is not as depressing as White Spot or Cafe Crepe. The only thing that I'm worried about is people asking me questions that I don't know the answers to! I spent most of my time, today, silently praying that no one would approach me with questions about where certain book sections are because I have NO IDEA where most of everything is.
On my vest, I wear two different buttons along with my name tag. One is red and says, "Ask me how to save 10%!" The other is blue and says something along the lines of, "Ask me how to donate to the love of reading fund!" Fuck those buttons. I have no idea how you can save 10%, nor do I know how you can donate to the love of reading fund. Well, I'm pretty sure that I learned that at training, but after sitting in the same, uncomfortable metal chair for two hours, listening to the same person talk about store procedures and blahblahblah, the words coming out of their mouth kind of merge together and get all mushy- like a banana that has been dropped on the floor a lot. When that happens, I kind of tend to stop listening and go into nod-and-smile mode.
Until I finish reading my manual, I just hope that nobody asks me about my buttons.
It's extremely obvious that my name tag used to belong to someone else. I can see the thick black outline of the name, "JEFF," underneath mine. I guess that Chapters doesn't want to fork over the millions that they have in order to create nicer name tags for people who aren't managers. Go figure.